Sunday, February 22, 2015

AoW Impressions for 2/20/15

For the week's AOW I learned so much about the world, and the current events that are going on today. There was one subject that was very popular around the class, and those articles were about ISIS. My personal article was about ISIS, but while listening to my peers talk, I learned so much more about the topic. They were mainly about how other countries are reacting to the 21 Egyptian hostages and how their beheadings started more conflicts between ISIS and other countries. ISIS is a growing militant group, and they are becoming much stronger compared to places that want to confront them. This is starting to become a bigger problem for more countries because they are starting to go out of their usual range of countries, and now they're starting to grow the amount of countries. Global epidemics and global warming is starting to become a bigger problem as well. For the past couple of weeks, I have been learning about climate and the causes of global warming, and these problems seem to never fade away.


It is very clear that all of the news I have learned about from the AOW gallery walks is stuff that has been happening for a long period of time. Humans today haven't bee improving, if anything we are staying the same. No one has really tried to fix the global warming troubles, and it is going to start to effect us more and more. Regarding ISIS, citizens can't really do much, but other people can. I just think that there is so much we can do to change the world, but we continue to ignore them. The gallery walk has helped me become involved with more of these subjects, and I'm excited to see the future articles!

1 comment: