Thursday, February 19, 2015

Dorothy Must Die Week of: 2-16-15

Prompt: What are the main conflicts the main character faces?
Pages Read: 69-100

In my book, Dorothy Must Die she was just told that she will have to kill Dorothy. Now, most of you think that she is the nice, rosy cheeked girl from Kansas, but she is a total spoiled brat. She is a terrible person, and she may seem nice, but she is the exact opposite. Amy, is a girl that has no fighting or magic background. She is far from excited, and while she is training she gets to know a wizard. He is a young, handsome guy that is her age, and she is totally okay with being trained by him. She is definitely struggling though, and she doesn't think she can do it at this point.

One of the main conflicts Amy faces, is being alone and not know what is going on. She was literally dropped into Oz, and she had nothing. Her mother was not with her, and she had no home or food. The fact that she was alone, and now she is supposed to kill someone, is pretty weird. She has to get used to everything, and on top of that, she has to train and become stronger than a grown women with magic. If I were in her shoes, I would rather run away instead of being killed. I wouldn't agree to fight either, but Amy didn't have a choice and that's why it's so hard for her.

Another one of the huge conflicts is that Amy has been taken away from everything that is normal for her. She is a 14 year old girl needs someone to talk to, and she needs someone to be there for her. Since I am around her age, I really do understand that. She has nothing and I feel like it is going to start to eat her from the inside, out. I also feel that later in the book, she is going to find a happy future. But right now? She doesn't know what to do anymore. She has nothing to lose, and that's one of the reasons why she is allowing the people to train her and make her a better fighter. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next...

2 comments:

  1. I've actually wanted to read this book so it just made me more intrigued when you talked about the conflicts the main character, Amy has to face. I can't believe she's 14 either, I would've thought that she would be older but I guess not. I really liked your blog this week, and I can't wait to read more of your posts to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete