Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie Week of: 4/27/15

Prompt: Which 'Tuesday' has inspired you?
Pages Read: 0-144

             My favorite Tuesday will have to be the Fourth, when they talk about death. This Tuesday has inspired me the most because it has taught me that you should expect your death. There is always a time where you will eventually pass away, and instead of grieving, you should embrace it. There is a quote: "Everyone will die, but only some people will live." This means that everyone can live their life to the fullest, or they can be afraid of things. This Tuesday affected me because it really includes everyone with the lessons. Morrie said "Learn how to die, and you'll learn how to live." I think that this is very important for everyone to know because you can either run towards things, or run from things. Death is one thing that people need to learn how to deal with, and it's one of the problems that you will face throughout your life.

             One other Tuesday that inspired me the most was when they talked about feeling sorry for yourself. Morrie has been asked "Do you feel sorry for yourself?" so many times, and it is really something that he can talk about. He has no problem with expressing how he really feels about himself. He said "Mitch, I don't allow myself any more self-pity than that. A little each morning, a few tears, that's all." This shows that he knows how to deal with his illness, and he has gotten used to the questions and feelings. I am very surprised on how Morrie is so open on talking about all of these touchy subjects. At his age, I understand that these things have been normal to him, and he has no problem with it.

               These two Tuesdays have taught me many things. I learned that you will benefit from living your life rather than being afraid to do certain things. Morrie explains how hard his life has been, but he has gone through these things without regrets. He knows that you can not change what has happened, so you should cherish it instead. Throughout this whole book so far, all the lessons are something that Morrie and others have experienced. Talking about regrets, death, family, emotions, feeling sorry for yourself, the world, and yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment