Sunday, February 1, 2015

AOW Reflections

Now take a moment to reflect upon your impressions of what you have learned from the array of articles in at least two well written paragraphs, using evidence from your graphic organizer.

All of the blogs that I got a glimpse on were all very informing. There were some topics I knew about, but there was always something that I didn't know. My article was about CO2 gases, and there were also other articles that talked about the same thing, but there were different effects. Like coral bleaching, I had no clue about what that meant. I really liked how the majority of my classmates knew exactly what was going on, and they were able to teach us something without needing to look at their article. I really liked this class activity because it gave me a chance to be exposed to many more things that are happening around the world today.


One article I really enjoyed learning about were the ones about the problems with ISIS and them capturing 2 Japanese people. One of those people are dead already. ISIS made a video saying that they wanted a certain amount of money from Japan, but they changed that. Now, they are asking Jordan to give them a prisoner, that is probably a person they know. I really found these article interesting, because I had no background with that event. It really gave me a lot into how the other countries are doing. Another article I enjoyed was the Forbidden Art one. During the Holocaust, the people who were living in the death camps drew pictures of each other. They did this so the people could see how they looked. The people did this knowing that if they got caught, they would be killed. They also knew that if people found those drawings, they would become very valuable. Knowing that there aren't many Holocaust survivors left, people today would take these pieces of art very seriously. This activity really was informing, and I believe we should do it more often. 

2 comments: