Thursday, January 8, 2015

Choose your own adventure...

Prompt: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

I remember when I had my first cupcake. I was in 6th grade, and I was with my friend, named Julia. You all know her. So, I went to her house one night and we decided to make eggless cupcakes. This took place a little bit after Halloween and we decided to make the cupcakes Halloween themed. We were sitting at a table to think about substitutes for eggs, and we saw that apple sauce would work well. When the cupcakes were in the oven, I remember waiting for them to cook. I wanted to try one so badly.

I always see people eating desserts that I could not. It really does stink because no one thinks about how hard it is to live like this. Eggs, is a commonly used ingredient in many different foods. There are times, where I eat things with eggs without knowing. I will just tell you, that things don't go very well after that moment. I feel terrible for the people who are affected by my allergies. In this class you all know that we can not eat certain things because of me. I am very sorry for that, by the way. Things happen, and I can't change them.

I remember taking the cupcakes out of the oven and smelling that amazing sweet scent. Frosting them made me want them even more. After putting the finishing touches, Julia and I decided that it was finally time to try them. I honestly was so excited for this moment. My first cupcake in my whole entire life. It's crazy if you think about it. That cupcake was amazing. I had no idea what to expect at the moment. At the end of the day, I learned that many things can happen when you are with your favorite and closest people. That is a memory I will never forget.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this memory with us Amelia! Cupcakes are personally one of my favorite desserts and I'm happy you were finally able to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia, I am a Language Arts teacher in Idaho. I am going to have my class read your class' blog. I am so glad you shared this story. I have two nephews who are allergic to eggs and I have been surprised by how many things have eggs as ingredients. There is a lot that those of use without allergies take for granted. In a way your story is a good reminder of all the simple things we take for granted. I am so glad you got to enjoy a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete